Careers@The Great House
- Oversees the cash disbursements and cash receipt function
- Calculates and posts overhead rates
- Manages the charts of accounts and trial balance
- Prepares monthly financial statements and reports
- Prepares and oversees regular and recurring journal entries
- Oversees accounts payable, payroll and banking activities
- Reviews the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, advance liquidations, payroll and financial reporting to ensure accuracy of data prior to posting
- Oversees the annual audit process
- Provides training and mentoring to headquarters finance staff
- Familiarity with accounting software systems
- Strong accounting, audit and financial management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels of staff
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 6 to 10 years progressive accounting experience at least two of which in a Director/Controller role
- Experience with financial grants regulations and reporting
- Competence with Microsoft Office, Outlook and other computer-based applications
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Minimum of six 5 + years experience in an administrative support position
- Maintains personnel/position-related paperwork which may include but not be limited to attendance and payroll records, duty assignments, vacation leave requests, sick leave, other statements of absences, monthly travel requests and reimbursements
- Obtain, compile, organize and prepare information and data for various reports, meetings; Board agendas; ensures information packages are complete and meet guidelines for submission; prepares meeting agenda; prepares physical setting for meetings
- Make travel arrangements including accommodations, rental cars and airline reservations for supervisor; reviews expense reports for completeness and submits for reimbursement
- Schedule appointments for supervisor and maintain supervisor’s calendar/schedule, in accordance with procedures established by supervisor
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail; assembles mail with any appropriate materials or files to facilitate provision of responses by supervisor
- Processes work orders and other documents requiring office procedural knowledge
- Identifies matters requiring priority handling and brings them to attention of supervisor; receives and refers concerns raised by constituents; advises persons expressing concerns of resolution options after conferring with supervisor or in accordance with procedures established by supervisor
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university in accounting preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years experience in accounting or related field required
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions as well as maintains and monitors department budgets, payroll and purchases
- Reconciles and balances accounts
- Under the direction of the supervisor, evaluates and executes the purchase of any supplies or equipment needed
- Compiles reports and records to display relevant statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and other items pertinent to operation of business
- Monitors all credit card purchases
- Responsible for helping VP and other Directors insure consistency in their use of data
- Develop and assess new and existing business processes and/or policies for financial viability and risk. Identify resource needs and capital requirements and formulate related budget
- Work in development and execution of an annual budget, statements, forecasting, and other fiscal reports as needed
- Responsible for the planning, organization, direction and control of the activities for the services performed and managed
- Review and approve of payables and receivables as prepared at the operation level
- Responsible for customer assurance, client relations and resolution of client issues
- Responsible for developing, maintaining ad growing profitable support services
- Create a congenial work environment that fosters camaraderie among the staff, enhance employee performance, maintain morale and retain performing employees
- Manage and perform a variety of complex business service assignments for client
- Strong planning, financial, analytical and project management required
- Responsible for servicing large clients and interacting with all levels of management and staff
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field; Master's Degree preferred
- A degree in accounting is preferred with a minimum of three years actual experience or a high school diploma with extensive practical work experience
- Computer software to include: Quick Books and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc)
- Good business sense and sound judgment
- Good human relations skills in addition to good written and verbal communication skills
Minimum of 2+ years experience. The position requires strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Process orders via phone, fax, and internet
- Answer product, pricing, and availability inquiries
- Daily communications with customers regarding their accounts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ensure that customers are handled in a quick, polite, and efficient manner
- Call customer to verify proof and orders
- Ability to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to strive in a multi-tasked, high volume environment
- Follow-up with vendors to verify timely delivery of custom orders according to promise delivery dates in system.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, employees, and customers
- Make purchase order for vendors, confirm price, tracking# and drop ship orders.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; Power Point)
- The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma
- 2 + years of customer service experience
- Work experience that demonstrates organization and customer service skills
- Must have excellent work ethic
- Possess a positive attitude
- Must be ambitious
- Have a willingness to learn
- Friendly and outgoing
- All openings include cross-training in:
- Customer Service
- Entry Level Management training for those who qualify
- Must have a minimum of three years experience in supervisory experience in a wholesale or retail sales environment
- A College degree is a plus
- Valid drivers license
- Flexible schedule
Duties and responsibilities:
- Faxing, filing, making copies, mailings and other general administrative tasks
- Takes incoming guest calls and returns all messages within the business day.
- Faxing, filing, making copies, mailings and other general administrative tasks.
- Works under the direction of the Sales Manager to increase the client database through direct mail, phone calls, networking with local community organizations and associations, representing The Great House Publishing at trade shows and other community events, etc.
- Handles any challenges promptly and to the guest’s satisfaction. Refer to Manager, if necessary
- Works with Manager on awareness campaign, sending regular communications to all companies and to all current guests to promote regular and special activities at The Great House Publishing
- Assist in producing the monthly calendar
- Review the annual sales plan, and assist in updating the board in the Special Events office that shows prior year sales, current year sales (as they occur) with dollar and percent over/under prior year
- If the Manager is absent, this position should meet with all appropriate Publishing staff to review and discuss the planned events
- Follows all standard policies and procedures in handling reservations
- Performs all promotional plans as directed by the Manager
- Work special events as directed by the Manager
- Takes the initiative to develop and improve sales skills through internal and external sources
- Assists in maintaining and updating the voice mail system for Special Events
- High School diploma required
- 2 year's college coursework preferred, full degree a plus
- Sales experience preferred
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High standards of conduct and professionalism
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Customer Service skills
- Developing/maintaining as well as ensuring the accuracy and continuous improvement of quality for our corporate website & intranet
- Designing and laying out marketing materials/collateral, including brochures, handouts, flyers, e-blasts, e-newsletters, etc
- Strong aptitude for user interface design and usability, in addition to a strong grasp of color, layout, and design principles
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of digital and print graphic design
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS and understanding of web standards
- Proficiency with standard design tools, i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash
- Ability to work with a positive attitude as a member of a team
- Ability to produce and implement designs under tight timelines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and good communication skills
- High technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and prioritize tasks
- Handling additional duties and projects as necessary
- A Bachelor's Degree in Design/Marketing
- 3+ years of graphics and desktop publishing experience
- Engineer, implement and support the company computer network
- Develop and maintain all systems, servers, workstations, network configurations, and other electronic communications devices
- Manage server virtualization
- Manage remote access
- Manage backup procedures and maintain disaster recovery plan
- Manage IT Service Desk (Oversee IT staff’s technical support and guidance to users
- Manage security and firewalls
- Support and enforce company Information Security Policy
- Implement and monitor file permissions as directed by data owners
- Recommend purchases, upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Maintain software inventory and licensing, and tagged asset management
- Create, maintain and enforce dept policies (work instructions, install checklists).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree with 7 – 10 years of experience
- Minimum 3 years IT management experience including direct supervisory experience
- Five plus years Windows Server administration experience
- Understanding of Microsoft operating systems, system disaster recovery operation, systems troubleshooting and performance monitoring, tape backup and restore procedures
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Active Directory, domain naming system, networking, terminal server, and related technologies
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Digital photo editing - such as red eye reduction, cropping, enhancing, contrast and stamping
- Typeset custom text on Adobe Illustrator templates, proofing and approving for printing
- Interact daily with customers and printer to ensure customer and company needs are met according to our level of service standards
- Contribute to and drive process improvements within the order production group
- Respond and resolve inbound customer service inquires and issues related to design and preprocessed production via telephone and email
- Be a team player and be willing to pitch in when needed and always go the extra mile
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize demands and multi-test to complete daily objectives
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness
- High GPA from an accredited institution a plus
- Entry Level with a BA with a good prepress background
We are looking for outgoing energetic Administrative/Receptionists for a top employer!
- Professional, friendly and excellent phone voice/manner
- Efficiently answers and directs inquiries, takes thorough messages using computer system
- Attentive to the needs of customers
- Responds quickly and competently to customer requests
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle clerical and general office duties well
- General duties include filing, faxing, FedEx, inbound and outbound mail and maintain office equipment
- Keep informed of office calendar - know where everyone is and properly anticipate office visitors
- Have effective organizational skills. Maintain neat and uncluttered appearance in reception area
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Flexible and can adjust to shifting priorities
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times
- High School Diploma
- 3 + years experience
- Strong organization skills
- Great phone skills
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain a professional and friendly environment for all customers and fellow associates.
- Achieve or exceed all individual monthly sales goals/targets.
- Maintain a superior level of customer service.
- Attend all company sponsored training to be able to execute a needs analysis for each customer and successfully assist customers in the purchase of The Great House Publishing products and services.
- Respond timely to customer inquiries, needs and problems.
- Responsible for all opening and closing activities of retail sales.
- Perform inventory and cash verification/reconciliation.
- Receive, process and deposit all payments received.
- Perform all functions according to The Great House Publishing policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and professional environment.
- Identify areas to improve the customer experience and communicate to immediate supervisor.
- Assist and perform others duties, tasks or projects as may be required.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills and intense focus
- Responsible for developing and implementing short and long-range sales and marketing strategies
- Responsible for enhancing relationships with current customers as well as the growth of new business in new and existing applications
- Provide direction and leadership to our direct sales and representatives force as well as interfacing with the rest of the staff to cultivate a positive environment of growth, improved interaction, data management and continuous improvement
- Impeccable integrity and high energy
- Prior experience with “C” level selling, presentation and closing in a diverse marketplace
- 5 + years of prior sales experience
- 4 year degree from an accredited college or university
- Proven track record with demonstrated strategic plan implementation and sales growth
- The ideal candidate will be able to process all incoming and outgoing materials & coordinate all warehousing activities with suppliers as required
- Will be required to perform material handling, packaging, shipping, inventory control and order staging
- Load & unload, verify and store all supplies and materials within company
- Determine proper shipping methods and costs
- Prepare bills of lading, invoices and requisitions and other necessary documentation
- Assure that all materials are appropriately label and stored as required
- Assist with physical inventories and cycle counting
- At least 3 years of related experience in a warehouse or shipping/receiving environment.
- Organized, able to multi task and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with FedEx & UPS Online shipping software as well as basic PC skills and MS Office software.
- High School diploma
- Strong creative skills
- Both information and user-interface design capability
- Design website layout and user-interface
- Build Web sites using technologies that conform to industry standards
- Lead efforts to improve overall merchandise presentation and ease of shopping on the website to improve conversion
- Adds new products to company website
- Edits or resizes images for website
- Image Sourcing (stock images, resolution needs and copyright law)
- Designs advertisement banners for website and email blasts
- Review competitive websites to evaluate site merchandise, promotional tactics, customer experience, and product presentation and translate findings into executable online programs.
- Perform maintenance and updates to existing Web sites, including content updates, design updates, and error correction
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Strong knowledge of design principles, including page layout, typography, and color theory
- Advanced knowledge of XHTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Flash, ActionScripting, and Adobe Suite
- Portfolio demonstrating strong web design skills and experience
List All Products
Your Cart is currently empty.